Gentle Skin Care Instructions
If you've been diagnosed with eczema or dry skin or have just had a chemical peel or a similar treatment, here are some steps to help keep your skin as healthy as possible.
- Bathe with lukewarm water and use a moisturizing soap such as Dove Sensitive Skin or Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
- Only use soap on areas where needed; such as, your face and underarms.
- Apply medications and moisturizers immediately after you towel off and while your skin is still damp. Cetaphil cream, Aquaphor ointment, and Eucerin original are good over-the-counter products. Moisturize at least twice daily.
- Consider putting a humidifier in your bedroom.
- Use Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment for additional relief.
- Consider patch testing if your rash persists.